Thursday, December 2, 2010

What's Your Background Noise?


Stumbled upon a question to ask myself, which led to a possibly scary revelation. I'll try to make it short and sweet..

-Had to write a paper on the media and the ten human motivations for it and how they applied to our lives.

-Of course music was mentioned many times in mine..

-Three sections caught my eye.. I estimated that 42 hours of my week was filled with music for "entertainment"

-That same 42 hours could be used for "escape".. because, well.. music is my escape

-It then mentioned having background noises, just to fill space.. which.. I ALWAYS have music playing.

*But I thought, no I need music, its not just a background noise..

I stopped.. Am I living in a constant escape?

Yes I love Music. But as I have even written in one of my own songs "silence is golden."

I should turn the music off even just for an hour, have time with God and FACE the world with Him.. not Music.

slightly painful to say, but oh so true.

2 comments:

  1. It is crazy how things we don't even think about are our biggest addictions or distractions! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know.. some of the things we cherish the most and consider to be a sort of medication, end up bein a crutch that just holds us back.. I don't like the idea of it at all!

    ReplyDelete